Welcome to my website! First, I want to tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Cathryn and I received my B.A. degree in Psychology from UCLA; my M.A. degree in Counseling Psychology from Pepperdine University, and my PhD (ABD) in International Psychology with a concentration in Trauma Response from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Currently, I am working on a PhD in Psychology with a concentration in Mental Health Policy and Practice at Northcentral University. I have been licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist since 1996 (LMFT 33119).
Previously, I worked for UCLA's Career Counseling Center as a Psychometrist, and as a social worker for the Department of Children and Family Services. Additionally, I worked as a Children's Mental Health Clinician for San Diego County Children's Mental Health.
Following my work with children, I conducted Psychiatric Evaluations for the Emergency Department at Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside, and at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center as an Emergency Department Patient Liaison/Analyst.
More recently, I worked as the Director of Family Services for a Native American Tribe, and as a Wraparound Clinical Program Manager for foster children at a nonprofit.
I have also maintained a private practice since 1996, previously in Laguna Hills, CA and have been practicing in Temecula since 2004. I specialize in marriage/couple therapy, family therapy, anger management, trauma, self-harm in teens, and parenting. Evening and weekend appointments are available.
I work from my private home office (with a separate entrance) at the end of a cul-de-sac in the beautiful community of Harveston. This set-up maximizes your privacy, and enables you to feel comfortable and safe in a home-type environment...Many clients have shared with me they appreciate this environment because they don't have to enter a office where they may be seen and recognized...but if you prefer, I also offer online counseling in the State of California. For more information, see my Services page.
If you think we might be a good fit, give me a call today for a free 10 minute consultation.
- Elected President of the California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT) with term beginning on June 1, 2020.
- Board Secretary for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) as of June 4, 2016
- Board Director-at-Large for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) appointed June 5, 2015
- Founder and Past-President of the Southwest Riverside County Chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Associate Member of the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)